Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Ellen Talks Fashion

Ellen graces the cover of March's W magazine and is also hosting the Oscars , February 25th.


from Ellen’s W magazine interview:


* On making the cover of W:
“I know what this magazine is. … It’s a fashion
magazine. For me to even be asked to be on the cover — it’s huge.”

* On not compromising and wearing a dress for the shoot: “I just don’t feel
comfortable in it.”

* Do you enjoy fashion? I usually wear Jil Sander, or I wear Marc Jacobs, or I wear Viktor & Rolf…. I love Raf Simons, but I didn’t know he was even doing the [Jil Sander] collection. I like Neil Barrett. I love clothes, so when I wear clothes, they’re usually somebody’s. You know, I’m not wearing Kmart.

* Do you think that’s the perception? Whenever Portia and I are on the red carpet, they’re yelling out for her to tell them what she’s wearing. But nobody cares [about what I’m wearing] because I have a suit on, even if it’s a Gucci suit. That to me is frustrating, because I put effort into getting ready too. But I guess it’s not as important, and I’m not as dressed up somehow. I also feel myself more of a person than a gender. When people show me clothing that seems very, very feminine, it’s hard for me to embrace that, because it just doesn’t feel like me…. It was fun [for the shoot] having somebody do that to my hair, and do that makeup. But would I want to do that every single day? No.

* What will you wear to the Oscars?
Everybody’s sending me stuff. Gucci sent me this amazing package with all kinds of different designs and different fabrics, in a beautiful box with my name engraved in gold plate. I picked some fabrics, and they’re making me something. Zac Posen made me a gorgeous tuxedo. Viktor & Rolf is making me something…. I wasn’t planning on changing because it’s just different suits, but I may do it, because I’d like to thank them all for making me stuff, for wanting to do that.

* What do you think of Kathy Griffin?
Very mean…. I know she had a big thing about wanting to be on the show, and we didn’t book her. She did a whole thing that I banned her from the show. I didn’t ban her from the show, because first you have to be on the show to be banned. (LOVES IT!)

* What about Sarah Silverman?
I think she’s hilarious. I think she’s raunchy as can be, not my kind of comedy, but I think she’s brilliant. Smart counts for a whole lot to me.

* Borat? Sacha? I think Sacha [Baron Cohen], again, is brilliant. He’s a friend of mine. I think he’s hilarious. I haven’t seen Borat, so I can’t really speak [about it] yet. I don’t like bathroom humor and I know that there’s some pretty gross stuff in there. But some of the stuff he does is hilarious—as long as everybody is clear on the fact that he’s pointing out how scary a lot of people are.

* On having kids:
“Ellen would carry,” girlfriend Portia de Rossi says. “That will never happen,” Ellen replies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home