Thursday, February 15, 2007

Head Cold...A Memoir


OK , so I'm pissed off , and Im gonna express it freely. I have been stuck with this fucking head cold for about a week now , and it still hasn't let up. Monday mourning , i was fine , a little irritation in my body an ache if you will, the hots and colds.

Tuesday morning rolls around , hm lemme think back that far ,(I've been fucked up on medication all week to warrant such a thought), ah yes Tuesday , woke up feeling achey as all hell and my throat was sore. although not as sore to stop me from smoking , but just scratchey. Wednesday morning , oh shit. I mind as well mand a station on the Hubble telescope. I was bubble boy with a head cold and a sore throat . Looking for the correct definition of head cold?

head cold(Noun)1. cold a common cold affecting the nasal passages and resulting in congestion and sneezing and headache.

In other words, being drunk but without the pleasure of being drunk.

So , Wednesday night , I say to myself "Why don't i have a drink , they say alcohol kills the cold". So I had a drink . I felt terrific , My blurriness has gone away , my perception is somewhat back (if even possible) and I don't really feel sick.

Thursday morning.. Day three of Hellfest. Wake up at 6am. My throat dryer than Gandhi's sandal. Lips chapped and yet i could not go back to sleep. What am I gonna do?. Do what any bitch with insomnia does , go online. So went online talked to a few of my friends that happened to be up and checked my myspace. Popped 2 NyQuil Gel tabs and hopped into bed. Although I didn't go to sleep until 7 :30 am due to a much needed viewing of the movie Tommy Boy.

Woke up Thursday morning , OK my throat hurts like hell ,but no head in a bubble. Omg , I have clarity. So i jump up with my new found wellness and could not wait to start the day. Too bad that all came crashing down to bits three hours later. Its fucking back. My perception all off and that veil around my head. I hate it!. I hate it worse that getting the last drop of orange juice out of the carton. I hate it worse than pressing the elevator button and then 2 seconds later , the person next to you presses cuz clearly you didn't do it right the first time.

So then I do what any patent does. Finds more medication. At this point , I mind as well be pickling myself till I live to 100 with all the meds I've put in my body. Nothing works obviously.

Thursday night. right now , as I sit and complain about my sickness to you all. I still feel like shit. I just hope this thing is over by Friday morning. the weekend's just about to begin and I don't have time for this shit!.

xoxox-Bobbi Blush

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home